CLIENT: A leading Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Provider, USA
SKILLS: .NET Core 3.1, EF Core 3.1, Microservices, Angular 7, Azure services
Customer is a transportation logistics expert to help make smart, effective, and strategic decisions for its clients. They also address distinct logistics challenges and needs. They aim at providing a unified view of all logistics operations for their end customer.
The legacy system lacked a great user experience. The users had to switch between multiple systems to manage their daily logistics operations.
- DreamOrbit has developed a web based TMS system, a Customer Portal on top of a carrier integration TMS, which could be used by clients to Rate and book the shipment with great user experience.
- The portal has the capabilities to fetch rates, send booking details and fetch the related documents and tracking statuses from the aggregator service.
- The portal also has the capability to migrate legacy TMS data to the new customer portal so that customers and their agents/users can manage old and new shipments all from same portal.
- We have built two separate services that are integrated within the portal, one that reads the Shipment Extracts file from the aggregator’s FTP Server, and triggers email alerts based on different universal logistics rules and custom rules. And another that reads the shipment related documents/images/pdfs available on various client sources which then are uploaded on the aggregator’s service that would be mapped with the corresponding shipments.
- This portal has flexibility to integrate with more carriers and other aggregators in future.
- Improve Shipment Efficiency
- Reduce costs
- Gain real-time supply-chain visibility
- Inbound vendor routing portal